Re: Please test xkb-data 0.8-12exp2 in experimental

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 10:34 +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> It works for me.  Maybe another program overrides your xorg.conf
> settings, please try on command line:
>   setxkbmap -model macintosh -layout fr \
>             -option -option lv3:lwin_switch -option apple:badmap

corsac@hidalgo: setxkbmap -v -model macintosh -layout fr -option
lv3:lwin_switch -option apple:badmap
Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard model
         Using command line, ignoring X server
Warning! Multiple definitions of keyboard layout
         Using command line, ignoring X server
Trying to build keymap using the following components:
keycodes:   macintosh+aliases(azerty)+macintosh(badmap)
types:      complete+numpad(mac)
compat:     complete
symbols:    pc(pc105)+macintosh_vndr/fr+inet(apple)+level3(lwin_switch)
geometry:   macintosh(macintosh)

It works when set from commandline and... it work when using the correct
syntax in xorg.conf:

        Option          "XkbOptions"    "lv3:lwin_switch,apple:badmap"

With that syntax, everything works correctly, thanks.

Btw, maybe "goodmap" "badmap" aren't really good names for those
options. It seems that this should be handled in kernel area, but in the
meanwhile it's not really self-explanatory for user. "If you have a
powerbook or ibook (or macbook ?) from after february 2005, use the
badmap option" ??

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis