Re: dvi output on powerbook g4 15" (5,6)
- To: Michel Dänzer <email@example.com>
- Cc: Yves-Alexis Perez <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: dvi output on powerbook g4 15" (5,6)
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:15:50 +1000
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1158324694.2860.1.camel@hidalgo> <email@example.com>
On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 15:31 +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-15 at 14:51 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > I'm trying to use the dvi output (without vga adaptor) on my mac. It
> > works well if (on the same screen) I use the vga adaptor, but when I use
> > a dvi cable (working on osx), it suddenly doesn't work anymore. Well,
> > Xorg detects it, and adjust the pseudo xinerama mode, but nothing is
> > displayed on it (as if the macintosh detected the screen but the screen
> > didn't detect the mac).
> > Is anyone had made working the dvi output without vga adaptor ?
> The X.Org radeon driver doesn't support two digital displays at the same
> time yet, see https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3621 .
There are ticks to make it work though. Jeremy Kerr collected some tips
The basic idea is to use a modified radeontool to whack the registers
that X isn't configuring properly.