Re: grub2 on powerpc
On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 06:40:26PM -0400, Rick Thomas wrote:
> Hi Robert,
> I'd love to test it. And I have PPC hardware (PowerPC Macs) to test
> it on. But I'm not a developer. What can I do to help?
Here's a short explanation:
- Checkout d-i source.
- Apply my patch and build grub-installer udeb.
- Put the udeb in installer/build/localudebs, and add it to the cd with:
echo grub-installer > installer/build/pkg-lists/local
- Build a netboot image as normal.
- Boot the resulting image in expert mode, and when queried about using grub2
- Check wether it boots (and have a rescue disk at hand!)
My spam trap is firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: this address is only intended for
spam harvesters. Writing to it will get you added to my black list.