Re: video problem with bootx on 7200

have search google and what i see not helping much:
one recent success like yours and a failures w/miboot.

but have you tried

a) disable all extension (shift key down at macos
startup). saw report you could not use bootx extension
at startup with 7200 right ? (would be good to try
because with the bullet in front of the name it loads
early, i bilieve).

b) pull your extra 1MB VRAM. just a thought, why not
try it.

c) there was one report someone using aty video. i
assume that means a pci card. no details.

d) all your 7200 parts, except for motherboard, are
compatible with several later models ...
so you have some options there - parting out or
replacing motherboard maybe.

e) try installing woody.

f) try patching open firmware (this of = v 1.)

g) try the current kernel for sarge (i don't
know what happened but you listed an older one)