Re: caution: disc upgrades wallstreet & earlier powerbooks

> the note on the wall street says it is a hardware
> problem on the motherboard. something to do with udma,
> these were early versions of that aka ata-33. maybe
> newer drives can switch down to older/slower, i don't
> know.

This is weird... first those old motherboards don't support U/DMA at all
(MDMA2 is the best you can get), and the media bay and internal IDE are
separate... I wouldn't have been surprised of such weird bugs in OHare
(the chipset used in the 3400) but Heathrow (used in the wallstreet)
should be much more sane... Oh welll.