Re: Regression in sleep code for PowerBook5,2

On 21/08/06, Daniel Payno <dpayno@terra.es> wrote:
El Lunes, 21 de Agosto de 2006 00:43, Eddy Petrişor escribió:
> Hello,
>
> I have started to experinence lock-ups since the upgrade to the latest
> official Debian Sid kernel for powerpc:
Hi, I'm running kubuntu dapper with latest ubuntu kernel:
[gritt@giskaard] ~ $> apt-cache policy linux-powerpc
linux-powerpc:
  Instalados: 2.6.15.24
  Candidato: 2.6.15.24
  Tabla de versión:
 *** 2.6.15.24 0
        500 http://security.ubuntu.com dapper-security/restricted Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
     2.6.15.22 0
        500 http://es.archive.ubuntu.com dapper/restricted Packages

And i've experienced similar problems. Though, I noticed that the way to
resolve was close the lid, let it go into ramsuspend, and open the lid again
so that it wakes normally

:-/ Thanks, but this is not relevant at all in my case.

The laptop locks only when it is supposed to get into the
suspend-to-RAM state, i.e. your suggestion is not usable.

Locking does not happen at every sleep attempt. Sometimes the laptop
suspends properly, so is something like 1 out of two sleep attempts
end up in a lock (mouse pointer disappears, image stalls, harddisk
activity stops).

I was expecting more an answer from powerpc kernel maintainers and/or
Ben or other upstream powerpc people :-/

Just saying if it helps to track anything down

Thanks anyway.

--
Regards,
EddyP