is 'reserve legacy io' in /proc/ioports part of the standard kernel or distro-specific?

Folks-

Would someone with a ppc G5 machine (preferrably an Xserve G5) running
debian testing or unstable 'cat' their /proc/ioports and send it to me?

There is area of memory that is marked as 'reserve memory io' on my system
(running opensuse 10.2, 2.6.16-20) that is preventing me from loading the
qla2xxx driver.  I have never had this problem before on the Xserve; under
YDL with 2.6.16-1 none of the memory in /proc/ioports is marked reserved.

I am trying to find out if this is a change that Novell made to the kernel, or
if this a new 'feature' of the standard kernel that I have to watch out for.
Novell has been unresponsive to my requests.

FYI, my /proc/ioports under opensuse 10.2 is:

  $ cat /proc/ioports
  00000000-003fffff : /ht@0,f2000000
    00000000-0000ffff : reserved legacy io
  00400000-00bfffff : /pci@0,f0000000

qla2xxx wants to load @0, which is now reserved so the load fails.

Also, if there is a way to tell qla2xxx to load elsewhere, please let me know.

Thanks,
Toni

Toni Harbaugh-Blackford                   harbaugh@abcc.ncifcrf.gov
System Administrator
Advanced Biomedical Computing Center (ABCC)
National Cancer Institute
Contractor - SAIC/Frederick