Re: Q: Install of Etch on a RS/6000 B80

Hi.

AlexB schrieb:
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 04:40:06 +0200, Torsten Zirzlaff
<zirzlaff@nienor.s.bawue.de> wrote:

[...]

I had same issue when I tried to partition hard disk manually before
installation (to have system installed to software RAID). Finally I resorted to
automatic disk patritioning and everything went fine (although debian installer
complained about inability to install kernel!)

I had done automatic disk partitioning, but I had chosen LVM that might prove a problem. It wasn't, since I had make sure that / and /boot are plain ext3 partitions. I muse that had to resolve to the measure to use only one ext3 partition (/) so that yaboot is able to find it's config file.

Is that the solution I had sought or is there still an error in my thoughts?

Alex

TIA

	Torsten

p.s.: Any one lucky to get the install image booting on a RS/6000 B50?
      Mine balks with an unexpected firmware error. Strangely the beta
      of OpenSuse Enterprise 10 for ppc does boot without a hitch.