Re: Audio driver for Debian / iBook G3

hi Ludovic:

Thanks for your reply. However...

1 - Have you loaded the kernel module of your sound card ?
        -> Make a lsmod and if you don't see snd_powermac, load it:
        modprobe snd_powermac

Yes, I do see snd_powermac.

2 - If you had loaded in user mode, maybe it is a problem of
permissions. You must to add your account in audio group :

I've done that. Plus, the audio doesn't work even in root account.

3 - Try to use alsamixer in command line and verify if Master isn't
mutted ( Press M to change).

Tried that:

- Headphone and Headphone Detection are off. It shows "MM", not slidable.
- PC Speaker, Auto Mute and DRC show "OO" and are not slidable either.
- Other items works (by "works" I mean slidable).

What am I missing here?

Thanks again,

Lawrence