Re: Sound support on Powerbook5,7 17" [layout ID 0x40]: snd-aoa?

On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 22:37 -0700, Don Armstrong wrote:

> Right, I managed to get it working myself now. It being in 2.6.18-rc1
> basically makes getting it to work painless

Great. It should 'just work' if you have it compiled :)

> (beyond blacklisting
> snd_powermac or not compiling it so udev doesn't freak out.)

Yeah, sorry about that, I hadn't tested it and submitted a patch now
(couple of days ago) to make snd-powermac load but not bind the device,
it's just not in yet. It's stupidity on snd-powermac's part that causes
this (it first registering a platform driver, and then an own platform
device, driver model abuse imo)

johannes