Re: Sound support on Powerbook5,7 17" [layout ID 0x40]: snd-aoa?

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Johannes Berg wrote:

> > I know that when I last harassed Benjamin about this, I was told that
> > it wasn't supported yet, but perhaps that has changed.
> >
> > Is the snd-aoa driver supposed to support this card?
>
> It indeed is. In fact, IIRC Børge Holen has verified that it does work,

Right, I managed to get it working myself now. It being in 2.6.18-rc1
basically makes getting it to work painless (beyond blacklisting
snd_powermac or not compiling it so udev doesn't freak out.)

Don Armstrong

--
If you find it impossible to believe that the universe didn't have a
creator, why don't you find it impossible that your creator didn't