Re: Wallstreet + quik + atyfb = crash

quick response

my console video was fine *until* i had spent
like a month fooling with the X font system,
trying to understand that, since my problem
seems to only effect fonts i thought it was there
for a long time. then i suspected unicode
and i played with that. any the upshot is
i have, despite trying to put all back like it was

i have some punctuation that appears as little
solid squares instead - hyphenation, quotation, etc.
its mostly annoying problem. orginally it was
fine, anyway.

-------

i regards to ims there are changes from last year
upstream which are in xorg7 now, so i have been
planning to try that in a while. looks like formerly
it was pretty well " builtin " but a separate X
driver now in Xorg. there was a multiyear delay there.
(seemed that that happened with the chips a while
back too was half broken for a long time - so if
your buddy has an older release tell him to upgrade !)

i am downloading netinstall of etch now, see how
it boots there later. didn't have before i just
did in place upgrade from sarge.