Kernel Oops - Post install on Dual G4 Mac

Greetings All,

I've recently attempted to install debian on my Mac - and it all goes
quite well until the reboot after installation. It would appear that
there is an unused adaptec SCSI Host controller integrated into the
mainboard, which currently has no application on my system (except for
borking my linux install ;)

It seems that when the system boots for the first time it probes
everything in the interest of detecting hardware; unfortunately,
probing the adaptec throws the kernel into a panic.

I get the feeling this question is essentially FAQ, but I have been
unable to find any references to the kernel boot parameters I seem to
remember for dealing with this scenario; the scsi faqs/doc list
options for  specifying just about anything in advance except for a
no-probe or ignore controller option.

Additionally I tried performing the baseconfig operation from within a
chroot sheel (expert mode) but this had no effect on the problem.

Please advise asap, I'd hate to have to give up on this for lack of support.

BTW, the hardware runs fantastically under OSX.

Cheers,
James

--
Woulds't thou so blame