Re: Kernel 2.6 on a PegasOS?

Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:

> setting load-bvase beyond 24MB (ideally 32MB) should work.
> PRoblem is if you use a huge ramdisk which is loaded down from 64MB though, so
> setting load-base to 64MB should be fine.

> Indeed, but the default debian kernel should have worked just fine, but forget
> about the sarge kernels, and give 2.6.16 a try.

I upgrade to sid, and installed the 2.6.16-2-powerpc. Set the load-base to
the value '100000', and the kernel loaded and boot just fine! Thanx!!

However, what would be the _correct_ value for load-base? I do I set it to
'64M'?

A little problem with the _system_ though. It does seem to go up correctly,
even though I don't have a keyboard, X won't start and I can't login with
ssh (no authentication modules worked).

I'm not sure if this is because there's no device files (udev seemed to start
though) or if I'm missing (to load) some modules...

--
747 Mossad Iran FSF FBI munitions Noriega domestic disruption Clinton
SEAL Team 6 arrangements fissionable Cocaine [Hello to all my fans in