Re: Booting/ installing Debian on a G3 with Open Firmware 2.4

Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

I'm sorry, but you are both wrong. Such machines are neither netbootable
nor CD-bootable, except for specially mastered non-free CDs which Debian
does not provide.
I read something about plain iso with no joliet... perhaps I'll try this.

You MUST use a floppy, unless you pull the HD and image
it on another machine.
I don't think so. The floppy drive doesn't even try to access the media inserted, the only thing I can do is eject. But that's no surprise, since the documentation from the NetBSD-Project, I linked in the first post, says that this version of OpenFirmware doesn't know how to deal with a floppy drive.

OK, I'll try to bot this machine via ethernet, like I did for NetBSD.

Regards,
 M.Fuckner