Re: disable appletouch when plugging in mouse

Le jeudi 22 juin 2006 à 15:44 +0200, Johannes Berg a écrit :
> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 22:34 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>
> > Note that I'm having problems with appletouch (without your script)
> > anyway... under some circumstances that I haven't properly identified
> > yet, the thing just goes bunk... that is, it sort of acts like if I was
> > constantly moving in one direction even when not touching the touchpad
> > and becomes basically unuseable (I think it switches to absolute
> > positionning mode, like a tablet, or something, not sure what triggers
> > it).
>
> Yes, that's exactly the behaviour I get, it's related to the
> measurements messing up big time.

I often get something probably related: the pointer becomes very slow,
just like the acceleration value got near 0.

Some days I never encounter the problem, some others I have to
rmmod/modprobe several times....

> That was supposedly fixed by the patch that was floating around, but I
> haven't dug it up again yet.

No, that patch didn't fix this issue for me (but introduced other
issues...).

Stelian.
--
Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>