Re: Installing Debian PPC 3.1rc2 Sarge onto a PowerMac 8600

All,
Thanks for your responses.  I will redo my installation of Debian on
my machine this weekend.  Before I get started tomorrow evening
(assuming my wife lets me) I'll compile a list of things that I should
be doing and mail the list.  That way I'm on the same page as everyone
else.

As a side note, I built the vanilla 2.6.17 kernel without success.
Anyone know how to set up a serial console to my PowerMac 8600?  Not
being able to "see" the output of the kernel is downright annoying,
especially when it dies.

thanks,
TuskenTower

PS: I noticed that most of you emailed me directly and kept the
conversation off the list.  I'm not sure if that's normal on
Debian-PPC, but I want to keep this on-list so that someone can find
the information while searching through the archives.