Re: XFree86 Config on imac g3

Peter Rooney <http@shaw.ca> writes:

> I can't speak for a keyboard, but I use a three-button scrollwheel USB
> mouse on a 7600 oldworld mac.  I recall that imacs have USB built in,
> which should make it as simple as plugging in the mouse and running
> "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" to tell it what protocol the mouse
> uses.

This shouldn't be necessary - Giuilo's X setup uses /dev/input/mice
with protocol "auto", so just plugging in the mouse should work.

As for keyboards, I've used both PS/2 Happy Hacking keyboard and PS/2
IBM Model M keyboards (with USB converters) on my PowerBook with no
problems.  I imagine regular USB keyboards will be fine.

--
Paul Collins
Melbourne, Australia

Dag vijandelijk luchtschip de huismeester is dood