Re: windfarm with 2.6.17-rc6-mm2
- To: Joel van Velden <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: windfarm with 2.6.17-rc6-mm2
- From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 09:28:12 +1000
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <1150199174.4715.12.camel@joel>
- References: <1150199174.4715.12.camel@joel>
On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 23:46 +1200, Joel van Velden wrote:
> I have an iMac G5 and trying to get the fan controller working.
> I've complied the latest kernel possible from kernel.org
> (2.6.17-rc6-mm2), even applying the hotfix patch at
> i2c-powermac is complied directly into the kernel.
> All windfarm options are compiled as modules.
> cat /proc/cpuinfo:
> processor : 0
> cpu : PPC970FX, altivec supported
> clock : 900.000000MHz
> revision : 3.0 (pvr 003c 0300)
> timebase : 33333333
> platform : PowerMac
> machine : PowerMac8,1
> motherboard : PowerMac8,1 MacRISC4 Power Macintosh
> detected as : 338 (iMac G5)
> pmac flags : 00000000
> L2 cache : 512K unified
> pmac-generation : NewWorld
> When I do 'modprobe windfarm_pm81' after a reboot all i get
> from /var/log/messages is:
> "windfarm: Initializing for iMacG5 model ID 3"
> No other messages in the log apart from that one line.
> The fans stay/come on at full speed.
> Does anyone know if there is a user-space daemon that needs to run?
> The module loads but doesn't seem to do anything.
> Is there some config file that needs to exist?
> Do I need to echo something to /sys?
> Any help would be very much appreciated.
Make sure windfarm_smu_controls, windfarm_smu_sensors and
windfarm_lm75_sensor are loaded too, also, what do you see
in /sys/platform/windfarm.0/ ?