Re: Linux on Mac PPC vs AMD64

Apple supports hardware for the duration of your warranty (or the
warranty + the AppleCare duration if you've purchased it.) They'll
continue to do that even during the Intel transition and after. With
AppleCare you've got a guaranteed 3 years of hardware support. After
that time, the computer is getting kind of crustry anyway in
comparison to all of the new things that have come out since then.