Problem with OSS driver in the O_RDWR mode

Hi Debian,

I read your post about opening the audio device in O_RDWR mode in the OSS driver for the full-duplex mode operation.
Presently I am also facing a problem with this. The device works fine in the O_RDONLY and O_WRONLY modes, but when i try to open in it in O_RDWR mode recording happens correctly, but there are problems in the playback. Sometimes it does not play anything, and sometimes it plays for a short duration and then the device hangs.

I was just wondering if you have got any solution for this problem. Well, if you have and if you no not have a problem sharing the fix with me, I will be really obliged.
Please do let me know if something can be done.

Thanks & Regards

Ruchir Gulati
Tata Consultancy Services Limited
M2 & N2, Sector V, Block GP,