Re: 2.6.17-rc3: cpufreq-set -g ondemand does not work

On Mon, May 15, 2006 at 07:27:42PM +0200, Bin Zhang wrote:
> On 5/8/06, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:
> >cpufreq-set -g ondemand
> >fails on linux-2.6.17-rc3 PowerBook5,6, config see below.
> >
> >dmesg has:
> >  ondemand governor failed to load due to too long transition latency
> >
> >same with conservative.
> >Both modules are loaded as lsmod shows.
> >
> >I will probably try to change the .config to make ondemand
> >or conservative the default, but this might be a bug nevertheless,
> >thus I am reporting.
> >
> >Any hints?
> >
> Maybe this helps:
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-462417.html

Yes, it does.

"JoseJX" write there that ondemand and conservative cannot be used
on 7xx/74xx processors because of the time required to switch speeds.
Powernowd is recommended.

This explains it.
I guess the description or dependencies of those modules could be improved
so it is more clear that they are not useful to me.

	Bernhard