Re: New miboot-enabled d-i daily builds set up

Le mercredi 03 mai 2006 à 01:11 +0100, Colin Watson a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I've set up miboot-enabled daily builds of d-i powerpc floppies, to go
> with my normal daily builds:
>
>   http://people.debian.org/~cjwatson/d-i/powerpc-miboot/
>
> Thanks to Sven Luther for the miboot package used to build these. Let me
> know if there are any problems; I haven't been able to test them myself.
I checked it on a PowerMac G3 beige.
Version 2006-05-14 didn't boot at all.
Version 2006-05-13 boots, and it already gets pretty far, but it cannot
detect any disk (I thing there is only one, connected to the embedded
Symbios Logic 53c875). It tries to reset the SCSI bus several times, but
gets anyway to the message "rejection I/O to offline device" about sda.
I loaded the net-drivers[1] and it downloaded the required d-i modules
through my Internet connection, so the network (including DHCP) is
working fine.

Also, how hard would it be to provide CDROM images? It's increasingly
difficult to find working floppies nowadays. I have tons of broken ones,
though.

[1] I have a second NIC in the machine and both got detected fine.

--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant