Re: xorg ati external display and XVIDEO

On 5/8/06, Bernhard Reiter <bernhard@intevation.de> wrote:
I have tried playing a DVD with xine
over the beamer with my Powerbook5,6
ATI Technologies Inc RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]
X.Org version: 6.8.99.7 (self build).

The beamer gets 1280x1024 and the lcd of the laptop scrolls,
because he has 1280x854.

Observed failure: The xine window playing the movie is dark
on the beamer, while it shows the move on the laptop's LCD.

I assume it is XVideo, does somebody have this working
with driver "radeon"?

I had the same situation with mplayer if mplayer use xv as video output driver.
Using vo=x11 in my ~/.mplayer/config is a solution.

Best regards,
Bin

Hints appreciated.