Re: iMac Sleep

> It's easy enough to enable to the Blank Screen screensaver (in KDE
> Control Center -> Appearance & Themes -> Screen Saver), although the
> faint glow of the screen remains visible because the CRT is still
> consuming power.

The iMac's use a weird display controller that doesn't react to normal
display blanking. It needs to be explicitely controlled separately.
Apple has several different version of that thing, I'm not sure which
one specifically you have. Can you send me a tarball
of /proc/device-tree on your machine ? I'll see if I find something.

Ben.