Re: Ignore accidental input

On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 20:52 +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:26:22 +0200
> Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 20:02 +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:

> > > Do you use the "NoTapTyping" option with pbbuttonsd? It was reported as
> > > dangerous because it might cause severe machine lockups.
> >
> > I was suspecting that option as well, but I had frequent sudden
> > poweroffs even with it disabled, so I'm back on pmud for now.
>
> Are you sure that these "poweroffs" are caused by pbbuttonsd?

No, it could also be a kernel bug I guess. Still, it's never happened
with pmud in years[0], but as soon as I run pbbuttonsd, it usually
happens at least once a day. So at the very least, something that
pbbuttonsd does differently than pmud seems to trigger it.

> To freeze the machine is not easy but possible, but to power it off?
> I don't think pbbuttonsd is capable of doing this.

As Brad pointed out, it's possible when dealing with the PMU.

[0] It did happen occasionally when I was running cpudyn along with
pmud, but much less frequently than with pbbuttonsd without a cpufreq
daemon.