Re: Ignore accidental input

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 08:52:57PM +0200, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> Are you sure that these "poweroffs" are caused by pbbuttonsd? To freeze
> the machine is not easy but possible, but to power it off? I don't think
> pbbuttonsd is capable of doing this.

Actually, the moment you talk to the PMU chip directly, you can cause
a poweroff problem. The hardware has a watchdog style setup where it
will shutdown if it doesn't get the communication between the OS and
the PMU chip that it expects. It's been a big problem with trying to
get Linux working on older m68k based PowerBooks.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com