2.6.17-rc2

Did a testrun of 2.6.17-rc2 on my PowerBook 5,6 today.

Tried to answer all the make oldconfig questions in a sensible way. ;)

* It compiled and started without major problems.

* I expected sound problems and yes, I had no sound.
* When closing the lid, my powerbook did not go the sleep.
* /proc/cupinfo reported the wrong Mhz, it reported 799 or so,
 while  have 1,5Gh.

* When running konqueror it seems I have managed to create a bad
  inode with xfs (running over lvm oder a crypto partition with dmsetup)

  xfs_repair cannot repair this data!
  I copied this partition to a file with dd and the failre stays
  consistant.
	I am attaching more detailed data.

I guess sound is on the way,
but I appreciate hints on the other problems.

Bernhard
20060423 bernhard.reiter@intevation.de

Build and run a 2.6.17-rc2 kernel on a ppc (PowerBook 5,6)
gcc-Version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)

Trying to delete an entry from the inode leads to an XFS internal error.
cd /var/bad/a.out
rm file.in.bad.dir

xfs_da_do_buf: bno 16777216
dir: inode 733
Filesystem "dm-6": XFS internal error xfs_da_do_buf(1) at line 2174 of file fs/xfs/xfs_da_btree.c.  Caller 0xc00f2314
Call trace:
 [c0007ad0] dump_stack+0x18/0x28
 [c010024c] xfs_error_report+0x60/0x64
 [c00f20f8] xfs_da_do_buf+0x5b0/0x764
 [c00f2314] xfs_da_read_buf+0x2c/0x3c
 [c00fa238] xfs_dir2_leafn_remove+0x1bc/0x37c
 [c00fb1d8] xfs_dir2_node_removename+0xa0/0x114
 [c00f4644] xfs_dir2_removename+0x110/0x120
 [c0124d58] xfs_remove+0x21c/0x434
 [c0130ec4] linvfs_unlink+0x30/0x68
 [c0075924] vfs_unlink+0x13c/0x254
 [c0075b44] sys_unlink+0x108/0x1a8
 [c0004660] ret_from_syscall+0x0/0x44
xfs_force_shutdown(dm-6,0x8) called from line 1091 of file fs/xfs/xfs_trans.c.Return address = 0xc013458c
Filesystem "dm-6": Corruption of in-memory data detected.  Shutting down filesystem: dm-6
Please umount the filesystem, and rectify the problem(s)

I have copied the partition in a file with dd and
the behaviour is consistant.

xfs_check says:
missing free index for data block 0 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 1 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 2 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 3 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 4 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 5 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 6 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 7 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 8 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 9 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 12 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 13 in dir ino 733
missing free index for data block 14 in dir ino 733

xfs_repair on-the-device

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - clear lost+found (if it exists) ...
        - clearing existing "lost+found" inode
        - marking entry "lost+found" to be deleted
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
        - reset superblock...
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
        - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
        - ensuring existence of lost+found directory
        - traversing filesystem starting at / ...
rebuilding directory inode 128

fatal error -- can't read block 16777216 for directory inode 733