Re: Airport Extreme / Etch

On Sun, 2006-04-23 at 22:33 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:

> i've tried 2.6.17-rc2 and it runs fine, but I don't have sound at the
> moment. (/proc/asound/cards says "no soundcard")

That's odd, what machine? Do earlier kernels have sound?

> > But before you use that kernel, apply the patches from
> > http://softmac.sipsolutions.net/patches/ (only those listed in the
> > series file)
>
> maybe that's the trick to have sound. But:

No, unrelated to sound, just fixes to softmac. But seeing this made me
realise that the earlier patches to softmac haven't gotten into rc2 yet
(and I don't know if they are in linus' tree), so try applying all the
patches in the directory in the following order:
wext-eagain-scan-results
stop-queue-while-scanning
handle-auto-iw-mode
softmac-events.patch
softmac-event-scan.patch

and then the ones in the series file.

Sorry for confusing the various trees (these 5 are in wireless-2.6 and
probably netdev-2.6 but apparently not in linux-2.6 yet)

johannes