Re: 2.6.16 backtrace at boot (Ibook G4)

> > Here a trace at boot from the sound driver :
>
> I think that bug happens if the sound driver loads before i2c-powermac.

i2c-keywest is still request-module()d in 2.6.17-rc1, FWIW.

Regarding other sound breakage with 2.6.17-rc1, I traced that to

machine_is(powermac)

returning zero in sound/ppc/pmac.c:snd_pmac_detect() when loading
snd-powermac. The OSS driver spits -ENODEV as well on loading so I'd
suspect the same thing here.

machine_is boils down to a comparison machine_id == &mach_powermac, is
that sort of thing illegal after kernel init?

	Michael