Re: installing Debian on an oldworld Mac.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 05:48:49PM -0800, petereasthope wrote:
> Mon, 6 Mar 2006 Vinai Roopcha said,
> vr> BootX / Kernel / RAM Disk installer ...
>
> Yes, that works, up to where it searches for a *.iso.
> The mini.iso is on the boot drive and also on the
> target drive of the installation.  Nevertheless the
> installer complains "... did not find an installer
> ISO image."
>
> After a full search, the installer comments "... it
> may be on a file system that could not be mounted."
>
> With an CF-ATA adapter, containing a Compact
> Flash card containing a FAT file system containing
> the mini.iso, connected to the ATA-PCI adapter,
> the system failed to pass the MacOS announcement.
>
> The installer and the Installation Manual both
> neglect to mention what file systems can mount.

Sorry if I jump in here, I haven't read the OP, so I don't know what
image the mini.iso is. I recall a similar problem that I discussed
quite thorough in this thread, which might be informative:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2005/12/msg00146.html

There might very well be a bug in the installer.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E