Re: dlink 650+ on an ibook2.2

On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 04:05:01PM +0200, Jorge Salamero Sanz wrote:
> On Sunday 02 April 2006 23:13, Wojciech Owczarek wrote:
> > The airport driver is actually a
> > kind of a wrapper for orinoco driver, so the wrapper thing might be
> > your case. As I said, I'm no hw expert, but it probably works the way I
> > wrote.
>
> i've compiled the acx100-source and i've loaded them but only this:
> (i've not loaded the firmware, maybe i should try it)

Well, I didn't look hard enough when I answered your question before. I
didn't realize there were two different cards with similar names. The
one I thought you had uses a normal chipset supported by the hermes
driver and might have worked with the normal airport driver. However,
since the card you have uses this acx100 driver instead, there would
definitely be more work to do. It looks like this driver you are
trying to use already supports multiple underlying interfaces, so it
might be possible to change it to know about the custom Apple slot
interface like the airport driver. I don't know if you've done any
kernel programming, but if you want to work on the code, I would
suggest looking at drivers/net/wireless/airport.c to see how it wraps
the hermes/orinoco driver to interface with the slot.

	Brad Boyer
	flar@allandria.com