Re: dlink 650+ on an ibook2.2

On Sun, 2 Apr 2006 22:35:48 +0200
Jorge Salamero Sanz <526715@celes.unizar.es> wrote:

> hi all
>
> i've trimmed a dlink 650+ so now fits in the original airport classic
> pcmcia slot. i've tried the card on some windozes and linux x86 boxes
> and seems to work.
>
> but on my ibook doesn't work: lspci and dmesg doesn't show anything.

The tricky thing about airport classic is that (afaik) it's not handled
(at all?) by pcmcia. Benjamin Herrenschmidt should know all the details.
With airport classic in my pb Pismo, I get dmesg output only when I
insert the airport module, and never any info from lspci. Simply try to
insert your card's driver module (if it's built as module, that is).
I'm not sure if it isn't going to need some driver patching to get the
internal slot working with any card. The airport driver is actually a
kind of a wrapper for orinoco driver, so the wrapper thing might be
your case. As I said, I'm no hw expert, but it probably works the way I
wrote.

regards,
owczi

--
   [x]--Wojciech---owczi---Owczarek--WO111-RIPE--[_][+]
    |--------- mailto: owczi|at|owczi|dot|net -------|