Re: initrd: upgrade kernel from 2.4 to 2.6

Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:32 +0100, Eugen Paiuc wrote:
Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:

  $ quik
  $ quikconfig

System is rebooted, in the top left corner is a penguin in
strange colours, no text, and nothing more happens (no reboot).

So my main question is; does 2.6 kernels w/initrd actually work
with quik?

yes, but only until 2.6.12 sarge backport from (thanks to) sven

. here is a picture:

I had the same on a new - from today- upgrade install.

Fortunately I have a good paar of sarge d-i floppy disks,
so on the base installation I can put a 2.6.8 powerpc  kernel.