Re: initrd: upgrade kernel from 2.4 to 2.6

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 09:32 +0100, Eugen Paiuc wrote:
> Alfred E. Heggestad wrote:
>
> >hi
> >[snip...]
> >running
> >
> >    $ quik
> >    $ quikconfig
> >

> >System is rebooted, in the top left corner is a penguin in
> >strange colours, no text, and nothing more happens (no reboot).
> >

> >So my main question is; does 2.6 kernels w/initrd actually work
> >with quik? I have got both 2.4.18 and 2.4.27 working with quik,
> >and they do NOT have initrd. Both 2.6.x kernel I've tried have
> >initrd and they do NOT work. What is the _exact_ syntax for
> >getting a succesful quik.conf booting 2.6 ? Does running "quik"
> >or "quikconfig" actually make a difference ?
> >

> #quik -S /boot/first.b

> from
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2006/01/msg00166.html

thanks for the tip. I tried this, however it did not make any
difference. when rebooting, the tuck boot logo appears
but nothing happens after that.. here is a picture:

http://aeh.db.org/howto/linux-powerpc-8200/boot_tuck.jpg

this is my quik.conf file:

## This file generated during installation.
## Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC

init-message="Debian GNU/Linux PowerPC (woody)"
default=Linux
timeout=100
root=/dev/sda3
partition=3

image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6.15-1-powerpc
        label=Linux
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.15-1-powerpc

any help is appreciated, thanks!

/alfred