Re: Does Shockware Flash Plugin for Mozilla work on powerpc arch?

On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 10:04:01AM -0500, Mike Small wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 22, 2006 at 02:54:35PM +0100, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> > Same here, on unstable: I already was considering removing swf-player
> > completely from the system, because of these at times really ugly
> > crashes of Firefox: Firefox in these instances is eating around 85-90%
> > of the CPU after, IINM, swf-player has been loaded.
> >

> Another way of handling this would be to use the noscript plugin.  It
> will let you disable flash (or javascript) generally, but it has a
> handy icon to enable it for an individual site.

Thanks a lot for letting me know about it: I just installed the plugin
to Firefox, and it really seems to help ... :)

> So you could generally avoid it, but if there was some site you
> really wanted to try you could turn it on and see if swf-player
> works for it.
>
> On this topic, has anyone tried Gnash?

After a quick "apt-cache search .." it does not seem to be available
for Debian(, yet?). Same here:

<http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&subword=1&version=all&release=all&keywords=gnash>

Thanks again :)

Best Regards
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer: /ICQ: 286585973/ + + +  /AIM: crashinglinux/
http://profiles.yahoo.com/wolfgangpfeiffer

Key ID: E3037113
http://keyserver.mine.nu/pks/lookup?search=0xE3037113&fingerprint=on