alsa switches

Hi,

I have a strange problem on my powerbook 5,4 with alsa switches.
Whenever I boot the machine, "Headphone" will be unset, but "Headphone
Detection" and "PC speaker" are set -- this results in sound coming
through the speaker even if the headphones are plugged in.  Not a
major problem, it's just annoying -- once I set the correct switches
(eg set Headphone) it works fine.

The strange thing is that even if I do

alsactl store

as root with the correct settings, headphone is unset the next time I
boot the machine.  How could I make my settings default?

Thanks,

Tamas