Re: external monitor at larger resolution?

Hi Johannes,

I want to confirm the problem you are having.

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 01:47:50PM +0100, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 13:40 +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>
> > Probably because it doesn't fit into the virtual height as derived from
> > the primary display. Try specifying the virtual resolution in the
> > Display subsection.
>
> I did, and it didn't help at all.

I am experiencing the same problem since I came back from living abroad
for three months and I wanted to use my dual-head setup again.  All
resolutions > 1024x768 are indeed discarded (and thus discarding
1920x1200 on my main head.  1024x768 is very small on 24", I can assure
you :)).
I emailed a bit with benh about this and I want to file a bug, but not
before trying a more recent X version (7.0) and the pending fixes for
the radeon driver.

> Well I'm still on 6.8.2 :)
> But had no luck with it.

I too went back to X 6.8.2.  This is even older than the 6.9.0RC1 that I
had running perfectly 3,5 months ago, but that didn't help at all
strangely enough.  (?)

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paulvt@debian.org