Re: Xserve hd device names

Ok, I did the install on the Xserve today. All worked fine, until I tried to boot the Xserve into Linux. The partitions and file systems are all set up, and look ok, both from Linux as well as from MacOS. So I don't think the firewire hd driver messed up. So I still think it's the problem, that I have configured a wrong device name for the root partition, and the kernel stops. I tried several Variants of the root device, never got any pingable server. So I guess I'll get  myself a serial console and see what's wrong. Working blind sucks.