mozilla-mplayer does not show video

Hi,

mozilla-mplayer (latest testing, 3.21-1) does not show video.  If I
right-click and make it full screen, video appears fine, and when I
turn full screen off again, video does appear inside the page as it
should have in the first place.  Is there a way to resolve this?

ii  mozilla-firefo 1.0.7-1        lightweight web browser based on Mozilla
ii  mozilla-mplaye 3.21-1         MPlayer-Plugin for Mozilla

Another issue: I have PowerBook5,4 which is supposed to have altivec.
However, mplayer-g4 has problems (strange blocks in videos, etc) while
mplayer-powerpc works fine.  I am just curious why this happens...

Thanks,

Tamas