Re: network hardware not detected using Debian network installer

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 11:33:18PM +0100, eric.bachard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before to reinstall on a new hard disk, I have tested both the debian and ubuntu installers for a network install (to avoid to download all the
> Debian .iso's).
>
> My machine is a powerbook SD 1,25GHz, from Oct 2004, and perfectly working since ... the first day I receive it in fact :-)
>
> The issue is : no network hardware is detected, neither the network card nor the airport express card. This is of course a bit problematic for a
> network install.
>
> FYI : the cdrom name is :  Debian GNU/Linux testing "Etch" - Official Snapshot powerpc Binary-1 20060225
> uname told me the kernel version is 2.6.12.

The daily images (which are based on "etch") are currently broken.
They contain kernel 2.6.12 but the modules for kernel 2.6.15.

Please try again with the sid_d-i images. You can find them on
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/sid_d-i/20060225/powerpc/iso-cd/

If it still doesn't work please fill out an installation report with the
template on
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.i386/ch05s03.html#submit-bug
or mail debain-boot@lists.debian.org

Apparently the images did not build on 20050226. I don't know why.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.