Re: Thermal control problem with G5 tower (PowerMac 9.1) with Kubuntu Breezy PPC install.

In message <[🔎] D279E6BC-BA91-4419-A8AF-28EFD9120BA4@MyRealBox.Com>, Brian Durant w
rites:
>The newbie is back and still trying to suss out this problem with
>thermal control on my G5 tower. I have settled on a Kubuntu Breezy
>PPC install as this is the distro I am most familiar with. Apparently
>the problem is more specifically with the kernel modules i2c-keywest
>and therm_pm72. As there are only a handful of PPC users on the
>Ubuntu Users list, I was hoping that there is a guru here that could
>help me out. I have tried the following:

Can you identify which machine you're talking about more specifically?
Processor and speed would help.  If it's the quad G5, I am pretty sure
that the "pm72" driver is NOT the right one, because that's for older
systems; I was told in IRC once that a fix for those was committed VERY
recently to Linus's kernel, but it may not have propagated.

-s