Re: popup / zeroconf and im

you are looking for a LAN instant messanger type program?

perhaps you would consider a local jabber installation.

Dean

anthony iles wrote:
I work a lot with mac users, we've been trying to send messages over a LAN, they seem to have trouble using a winpopup type client. Instead I've been trying other options like zeroconf/rendezvous - it appears that rendezvous (apple) has been open sourced but I can find any accurate information as to whether there is a way of connecting linux and macs over this protocol.

As a short term alternative I've been trying to install skype, although there is a .deb file on the skype site this is not for ppc. does anyone know if there is a package for debian ppc available?

*Yahoo! Photos* <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/photos/*http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/> – NEW, now offering a quality print service <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/uk/taglines/default/photos/*http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/> from just 8p a photo.