Re: Horrible performance with X.org 6.9 (Radeon 9200)

Dnia 30-01-2006, pon o godzinie 10:44 +0100, Michel Dänzer napisał(a):
> On Sun, 2006-01-29 at 21:30 +0100, Andrzej Mendel wrote:
> > I have upgraded to X.org 6.9 some time ago, and I'm experiencing a huge
> > performance hit, compared to 6.8.2. It's not that bad (although
> > noticeable) with XAA, but after I switched to EXA to get rid of this
> > root window bug (the one that has been reported here several times) X
> > became really sluggish and unresponsive. There are also some artifacts
> > on the screen when I'm scrolling e.g. Nautilus or Firefox and get a
> > notification from Gajim, or such.
> >

> Does not enabling backing store help?

Disabling backing store seems to help a little bit as I didn't notice
any more artifacts, but the performance hit is still huge.
One thing I noticed recently, 6.9 with both XAA and EXA is slowest when
I use gnome-terminal. Simply redrawing mc interface takes about 2
seconds or even more if there is some CPU load. I didn't check other
terminal emulators. Running 6.8.2 with same xorg.conf wields no such
problem.