Re: Yaboot Man pages on Internet?

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 11:22:33AM +0100, Brian Durant wrote :

> Since yaboot is the only boot loader for New World Macs, it is
> amazing that there isn't a better HowTo or other form of
> documentation about "device=" to get OS X on a SATA drive to boot.
> Can't remember how I got it, but my path is:
>
> device=/ht@0,f2000000/pci@3/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@0/disk@0:

There is an utility called ofpath which tells you that. It is in
/usr/sbin, so you may have to indicate the full path.

Here is the output on my mac:

charles@sorbet:~$ /usr/sbin/ofpath /dev/hda
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@3/ata-6@d/disk@0:
charles@sorbet:~$ /usr/sbin/ofpath /dev/sda
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@3/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@0/disk@0:
charles@sorbet:~$ /usr/sbin/ofpath /dev/sda2
/ht@0,f2000000/pci@3/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@0/disk@0:2

Also, if you enter in openfirmware, you can get the information too, by
typing: dev / ls

http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1061.html#RTFToC4

Maybe you can try to put the openfirmware path of your osX partition
instead of /dev/sdb3?

--
Charles