Re: Yaboot Man pages on Internet?

On 26. jan 2006, at 9.11, Jack Malmostoso wrote:

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:20:07 +0100, Brian Durant wrote:

Can anyone help me out, please?

I hope these are not too outdated:

http://www.shimazu.org/cgi-bin/man/man2html?8+yaboot

http://www.shimazu.org/cgi-bin/man/man2html?yaboot.conf+5

Thanks Jack. I don't know if it is too old, but they didn't have what I was looking for. For all of the yaboot documentation that is out there, there seems to be huge areas that aren't documented very well, or maybe as a newbie I just don't understand what to look for :-( The closest I have found is her, but of course there is

http://penguinppc.org/bootloaders/yaboot/doc/yaboot-howto.shtml/ ch1.en.shtml

Since yaboot is the only boot loader for New World Macs, it is amazing that there isn't a better HowTo or other form of documentation about "device=" to get OS X on a SATA drive to boot. Can't remember how I got it, but my path is:

device=/ht@0,f2000000/pci@3/k2-sata-root@c/k2-sata@0/disk@0:

Cheers,

Brian