Re: g3 beige won't boot off of boot floppy

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 07:12:36PM -0500, Chris Fisichella wrote:

> On Monday, January 23, 2006, at 06:58 AM, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> >This is also more complicated than necessary. Why not just mount the
> >real MacOS partition in the first place and overwrite the
> >debian-installer kernel and initrd with the ones in /boot?
> >

> You mean to perform the Debian installation, let it reboot,

No, don't let it reboot. Do the right thing immediately.

With "in the first place" above I meant just before debian-installer
would like to reboot the *first* time.

> go into the
> Debian installer again and mount the HFS+ file system? So you would
> have to copy the two files to System Folder:Linux Kernels.

So instead of "install a bootloader" at first stage of
debian-installer, chroot into /target, mount MacOS partition copy
kernel and initrd *then* reboot.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. Why is top posting bad?