Re: Try to do an homebrew WLan-Acess-Point on a Powerbook Wallstreet

On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 03:36:54PM +0100, Rainer Gutkas wrote:
> I try to use an old G3 Powerbook Wallstreet with broken display as Wlan
> Access Point. I got a Orinoco card, which should do the job quite well.
> My problem is how to tell debian/ubuntu linux to use the hostap drivers
> instead of hermes/orinoco dirvers, so I got master mode available.

Use "cardctl ident" to get the name of your card, then check the
hostap_cs.conf and config files in /etc/pcmcia to make sure the right
driver is being bound to your card.  You may have to comment out a
binding to "orinoco_cs", or add one to "hostap_cs", to get it to work.

You need to do "/etc/init.d/pcmcia reload" to get the cardmgr to see
the new card bindings, and maybe "cardctl eject ; cardctl insert" as
well.  Hope this helps.