Re: pbbuttonsd beta on new Powerbook5,8

Hi all,

On  20 Jan, this message from Michael Schmitz echoed through cyberspace:
>> So I'm back to statuc device files, and I previously had event0 ..
>> event3. I have created the other ones til 31, and indeed pbbuttonsd
>> opens them all. But event4 ... event31 all report ENODEV.
>
> Just wondering ... Does the USB keyboard driver report events at all?
> I'll check that with an external keyboard ASAP.

I have activity detection working now. I have no idea what made it work,
might be something to do with mouseemu (which was stopped at that moment
because it ate 100% CPU). But it's not determinsitic; I first thought it
was a plain incompatibility with mouseemu, so stopping that should make
everything work.

Well, no luck, it's not that easy. Neither the fact that mouseemu is
running in parallel, nor the order in which thez are started seems to
matter.

There is one change, though, I replaced the earlier FN-key patch
(http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=3856) with the newer one
(http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/linuxppc/patch?id=4127). But I can't se
what impact this can have on event detection.

> I'm still on 2.6.15rc5, but udev works OK there. It's been a bit dodgy
> to get started IIRC, but that's been a while back.

Concerning udev, I'll recheck and file bugs as appropriate.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |