ALSA config file for Toonie broken

After several months of working with half-functional custom ~/.asound.rc
file I managed to somehow nuke this file and faces the folowing problem:
Initializing SDL audio subsystem.
ALSA lib conf.c:1596:(snd_config_load1) :51:1:Unexpected }
ALSA lib
conf.c:2837:(snd_config_hook_load) /usr/share/alsa/cards/PMacToonie.conf
may be old or corrupted: consider to remove or fix it
ALSA lib conf.c:2700:(snd_config_hooks_call) function
snd_config_hook_load_for_all_cards returned error: Invalid argument
ALSA lib pcm.c:1969:(snd_pcm_open_conf) Invalid type for PCM default
definition (id: default, value: cards.pcm.default)
SDL audio subsystem initialized.
Opening SDL audio device.
Unable to open audio device: No available audio device
Sound driver initialization failed.
This may happen when a soundcard is not present or not available.
while trying to launch UQM. /usr/share/alsa/cards/PMacToonie.conf is
indeed corrupted, with spurious "}" at the end, making the default
configuration unusable. Fixing that gave me a fully functional ALSA
without a need  Is this a Debian-specific bug, or has it been broken by
ALSA team (if so, could someone with their BTS account file a bug?)?